Friday, June 12, 2009

Love....

You know sometimes I find myself just going through the motions of the day since TJ has left... I really don't think you can truly understand what it is like to be a military wife until you go through a deployment! Well I have to say it has been a real eye opener...me and TJ had learned so much about each other and about our relationship! I long for the closeness that you have when your husband gets home from work...or when you lay next to him at night! You learn to over look the silly things like not turning his sock right side out before throwing them in the laundry basket! :-D (yes it really did drive me nuts) But to try to make sure that we both know how much the other loves and misses each other...we try to write love letters (emails mostly) to each other often....something I hope we can continue to do when he gets home! Well let me just tell you TJ is such a better writer than me!! He truly is my best friend and am truly counting the days til we are back together! (51...just in case you where wondering...haha) But I am truly a lucky women!! Girls let me just remind you...it could be alot worst if he wasnt there driving you nuts!! Count your blessing!! But this is my latest note from TJ...

I love you Tracy and I always will. I hope that you never forget that. This is what I think of a lot and I just wanted you to hear some of my thoughts,


The time passes as slow as the swing of the pendulum on a grandfather clock,
It seems to drag the closer it gets.
I imagine the day, every day I rehearse it in my mind,
When I see the one that I love and her expression upon my return.
I think of her hands as I would gently hold them in mine,
As I touch them for the first time in a while.
I imagine the feelings, the emotion that will be the rush through our veins,
To smell her elegance as we embrace,
To feel her skin against mine.
I dream of the day that I can see her,
How she will look to me and how I will look to her.
What will be going through her mind,
If it is joy, happiness, worry, doubt, love,
Or will there be nothing but relief.
I can't see not seeing her when I walk down the walkway of that place.
I see in my mind the smile of gladness in her eyes as we meet again,
I hear the acceptance in her voice and the love in her heart.
I know that it is real and that it will come to pass,
Yet the seconds tick as they pass and seem like hours.
I love her with all of the tender feelings of emotion that runs deeper,
Deeper than the emotions of my heart.
I cannot look and not see her,
I cannot think and her not be there,
She is as much of a part of me as my breathe,
I need her to live and be.

I love you, YOUR HUSBAND, ETERNAL COMPANION AND BEST FRIEND IN LIFE,
Theron Joel Shields

No comments: